We’re looking to add a full-time copywriter to our team. We want the kind of person who's reading this post right now and is angry about our word choice, thinks we're comma happy, and is ready to defend the Oxford comma to his/her death. Want to impress us? Find us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn and find our latest grammatical error.
If you want to be a part of our agency, we'd love to have you. We need you to bring your talents to our team to help our clients tell their story. You'll define and assume their voice, and present these to clients in ways that are on-brand, unique, and driven by strategy. You'll call on your fluency in all forms of content (long, short, and everything in-between) to produce copy that works.
You’ll be joining a fun (or at least we think so), young team, enjoy flexible working policies, and participate in ongoing professional education opportunities. This position is based in our Long Island City office, close to the 7, E, M, and G trains.
- Crafting a client content strategy, defining the brand's voice and its content silos for the length of a campaign
- Authoring a social media content calendar
- Drafting an editorial calendar for a client's blog
- Collaborating with our community managers and digital strategists to change all of the above based on real-time data and performance
- Writing an internal white paper on the power of great copy
- Supporting day-to-day requests from client teams
- Assisting in developing digital strategy and marketing plans for clients
- Well-versed in social media networks we know (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, and more), and those we don’t
- Very strong written and verbal communications skills. The strongest
- Skilled in interpreting social analytics reporting
- On top of your to-do (or have done) list
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing and multi-tasking environment
- Comfortable with the fact that the job with often come with requirements and responsibilities not covered here
- Produce high-quality work under tight deadlines
- Is comfortable operating in a world of ambiguity
- An organized, resourceful, problem-solver who always has a trick up his/her sleeve
- At ease with client-facing communications, and the ability to understand not just the information people need to hear, but how they need to hear it
- At least 1 year experience managing social channels for a business organization, and proven results
- Basic Wordpress and Adobe Creative Suite familiarity is a significant plus
- Interest in health/wellness space is a plus
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume, a brief cover letter that details your stance on the Oxford comma, and a writing sample to Jonathan Jacobs at Jonathan@NativesGroup.com. Surprise us.