We’re looking to add a talented and versatile full-time UI/UX designer to our team. You would work with clients and our team on projects soup-to-nuts – from ideation through production, using an approach that pulls in from multiple disciplines. There is also a project management aspect to this role – you’ll frequently have ownership over partial/whole projects and we’d look to you to provide leadership in that capacity.
You would get to work with a fun, young team, enjoy flexible vacation/holiday policies, and participate in ongoing professional education opportunities. This position is ideally based in the New York City region, however we will consider remote applicants.
- Oversee the ideation, planning, design, and production of mobile, web, email, and other UI/UX projects for our clients.
- Participate in the discovery and research process for projects, including user interviews, surveys, and other activities.
- Develop specifications, wireframes, and other planning documents.
- Produce world-class UI designs in accordance with aforementioned research and planning.
- Present and test design with internal and external stakeholders, including client presentations.
- Coordinate design hand-off to our development team, and provide ongoing quality assurance and guidance during the development process.
- Periodically support our overall design team on social media graphics, branding, and other design projects beyond UI/UX.
- Be an all-around team player and support your colleagues as needed in areas both related to design and not.
- Minimum 2 years experience in agency, client-side, freelance, or otherwise professional design.
- Experience in multiple design disciplines and applications: identity design, web and mobile design, print design, and graphic design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Additional proficiency in Sketch or Figma a plus.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of typography, color, form, UX, and brand identity.
- Basic HTML/CSS familiarity is a significant plus.
- Fun-spirited, outgoing personality that can play well with our team and our clients.
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and work samples/portfolio to Ben Guttmann at email@example.com.